I am Amir Azari, a professional photographer with more than ten years of experience. My work covers Advertising, Beauty and Fashion photography for commercial clients. I received my Bachelor’s degree in Photography from Tehran University of Art in 2009. However, my activities began much earlier than that date, in 2006, when I assisted various artists in different countries. And then, I gradually started to work as an independent professional photographer.
I see photography as a means of expressing my mental revelations through the language of image, and therefore, I always like to make a photo rather than take it. My belief is that camera is the least important tool for that purpose; what makes us real photographers is creativity combined with skill, style and of course, insight. I like to see the world through different eyes, and then represent it in an innovative and engaging way.
A huge believer in self-evaluation, self-elevations and self-actualization, I am always eager to learn, and to submit my works in different competitions. As a result, I have acquired many technical skills and won a good number of international awards. In-Studio, Portrait, High-Speed and Outdoor Photography as well as Lighting Setups, Retouch and Post Production are my areas of expertise. And some of my awards include:
• Winner of PX3, Prix de la Photographie Paris, France, 2017
• Best Photographer Award, Photography Festival in Architecture and Urban Design Criticism, Tehran, Iran, 2015
• Honorable Mention, IPA (International Photography Awards), USA, 2013
• Finalist, Hamdan International Photography Award (HIPA), Dubai, UAE, 2017
• Finalist, Hamdan International Photography Award (HIPA), Dubai, UAE, 2016
• Finalist, Hamdan International Photography Award (HIPA), Dubai, UAE,2015
I have also published photos in a wide variety of magazines, some of which listed below:
• Adore Noir Magazine, December, 2015
• F-Stop Magazine, Issue #74, 2015
• Flawless Magazine, June, 2014
• Dark Beauty Magazine, January, 2014
• Dapper Dads magazine, Issue #1, 2014
• Urban Photography Festival Proceedings, 2009
At the moment, I reside in Paris, France, but I am available internationally, and profoundly enjoy working with existing and new clients alike.